During a busy day, carving out an hour to head to the gym can be tough, so the question is this: are you making the most of those 60 minutes? With a few simple tweaks, you can increase your calorie burn instantly. Try these tips the next time you’re at the gym to maximize your sweat session.
1. On the Treadmill
– Incorporate speed intervals.
– Raise the incline.
– Go a little longer.
– Pump those arms!
2. When Strength Training
– Exercises that utilize your own body weight have been shown to burn more calories.
– Force your body to work harder by creating instability.
– Do supersets, moving quickly from one exercise to the next without resting.
– Do multitasking moves that work more than one part of the body at once.
3. On the Elliptical
– Use the handles to go for a total-body workout.
– Utilize the resistance.
– Watch your pace.
– Include intervals, alternating between short periods of pushing your body to the max with recovery periods.
Source – popsugar